Kao-Chi Restaurant 高記餐廳

Chinese food is hearty and satisfying. It also reminds me of my not-so-distant childhood. When I was a kid, I always associated Chinese food with a celebration because it was the food served at birthdays, anniversaries, baptisms and weddings that we attended. Now that I'm older, I don't have to wait for special occasions.

We had a couple of dishes on this particular date but I want to highlight the rare finds that I actually enjoyed: 
Wuxi Spareribs
Xiao Long Bao
From the look alone and while doing this review, I am already craving to eat it again. That's how yummy it isI also like Xiao Long Bao or small basket dumpling, it's tender steamed pork dumpling with tasty soup that is wrapped delicately in soft wanton wrapper and served with ginger sauce.
Fried Xiao Long Bao
The next dish that impressed me was the cornflake encrusted mushrooms. The contrast between the crunchy Fried Xiao Long Bao and Steam Xiao Long Bao is great. It also has a superior and delicious flavor.
Abalone Chicken Soup
The soup tasted like usual Chinese noodle soup and at served at just the right temperature.

MENU
click to enlarge






Image Source: Kao-Chi Facebook page
Image Source: Kao-Chi Facebook page
The interior motif at Kao-Chi Restaurant is to feel the ambiance of Binondo or China. Predictably, the interiors are red with gold and black accents. The space is modest, but the integration of various textures (velour seats, leather-lined Chinese screens), as well as the pop art paintings on the ceiling, gives it a luxe charm.

Restaurant Ratings
Taste = 5
Environment = 5
Service = 5
Clean = 4
Price = 4

Kao-Chi Restaurant | Facebook
G/F City Square Bldg #109 N.S. Amoranto Avenue
Brgy. Maharlika Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with us :)